So far, Stitch's offering has been engineering-led we've spent the last 24 months developing a feature-rich codebase across our products. As such, we've built solutions in two core areas Payments and Open Finance Data.
We're looking for a Product Manager to lead our Open Finance Data products - where we provide foundational building blocks to businesses looking to access financial data on their customers to build innovative products.
As a Product Manager, you'll be responsible for helping to define and manage the products which will enable Stitch and our customers to shape the future of financial services. You'll connect with our users to understand their needs, develop product strategy, prioritise and roadmap key features, and work closely with Engineering to ship products.
You will be responsible for coordinating teams across Stitch to move a product from ideation to scale including engineering, design, legal, data science, marketing and sales. As a result you will need to be a strong communicator that can work cross functionally.
The ideal candidate has built technical products from scratch.
- Deeply understand customer needs by spending time with customers, sales, and support and observing patterns/trends across their feedback and the market
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for our Open Finance Data Products, and the associated user-facing API experience
- Work closely with our engineers to build new products and features
- Own decisions directly impacting the growth of Stitch’s data business
- Work cross functionally with engineering, design, data science, legal, marketing and sales to build and grow our data products
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience
- 6-10 years of total work experience
- 2 - 4 years in a product role, most recently as a product manager
- A track record of success in financial technology or a related technology start-up
- Has built APIs, products, and complex systems at scale
- Top-tier technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, APIs, Developer Experiences and databases
- Strong network and content knowledge in the local Fintech or Banking space
- Strong knowledge of customers and customer needs in various key markets - including South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, and Ghana
- Experience in working in B2B SaaS, API or Payments companies
- Strong understanding of developers and what makes a good developer experience
- Experience developing APIs
- Experience working on B2B2C products, or experience with both developing products for developers and developing products for end-users
We see this role as being critical to our leadership team, and as such will be looking to compensate the individual with equity appropriately. We want to ensure that you feel as if you own a part of this company, as your work will drive the fabric of the business.
🏖 HQ and Remote Work
Stitch HQ is in Cape Town, South Africa. Remote team members will have the opportunity to visit our beautiful city regularly. We work both in-person and remotely. and...team lunches every day! 🍜 With friends, family, pets - everyone's invited!
🔥 Culture & Values
Stitch has a culture that emphasizes sustainable processes, kindness, and work-life balance. We value diversity in all its forms and believe that a broad range of lived experiences makes our team and product stronger. This is especially important to us as our leadership team includes diverse racial backgrounds and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
⛽ Our Investors
Stitch is a well-funded venture-backed startup. Our network of global investors include the co-founders of Venmo, Klarna and Flutterwave, and founding team members from Plaid and Revolut. Our network of investor funds include firstminute capital, Raba Partnership, CRE and Village Global, bringing backing from LPs such as Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Eric Schmidt and Jeff Bezos.
This funding gives us the capital to make sure that all employees are empowered to do their jobs, and incorporates industry veterans who will help us grow and operate a multinational fintech startup.
We care deeply about developer experience and aim to provide tools and systems that software engineers will rave about. The team has collectively had a great deal of experience building fintech and developer-facing products in Africa and other emerging markets.
Stitch is a developer-first API startup with a mission to deeply connect financial systems with the wider world. We provide an API which allows third-party apps and websites to interact with their user's bank accounts in ways that unlocks the ability for companies across Africa to build innovative technology products quickly.
Creating innovative financial products is incredibly difficult today, and we believe that unlocking the way people interact with their finances starts with enabling developers with the tools and infrastructure needed to execute on their vision.