We are looking for a Product Manager responsible for working closely with the product and engineering teams in different data and product-based projects. The primary focus will be lending product development through analysis, experimentation, and iteration. We work in a fast-moving environment, and we build our team to be autonomous, deploy their own code, and solve their own problems.
As part of our team, you will be responsible for proposing, running, and tracking experiments; you will collect data to create useful reports to make the right decisions.
Since we work in a small but highly technical team, you will work directly with the product, engineering, and data science teams.
We have 250k users and work to ensure continuous uptime and constant improvement. We train and deploy new machine learning models regularly and subscribe to data-driven decision-making; you will not be just an implementer but a valued opinion at the table.
- Drive the strategic roadmap of Umba's lending products
- Lead strategy, direction, roadmap, and priorities across our suite of lending offerings
- Analyze client requirements to develop detailed product requirements and specifications.
- Work closely with engineers, UX designers, and QA to drive the successful delivery of new features.
- Own business outcomes and be responsible for meeting and exceeding revenue targets.
- Represent the lending team across the organization; you are the steward of the lending business and a champion of the customer.
- 4+ years as a product manager/product owner
- Experience with Fintech
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, or a related technical field
- Experience with basic queries and database manipulation
- Experience with any programming language like Java, Python, Ruby
- Track record of successfully launching and growing products. Experience building products that leverage data is preferred.
Nice to have
- Deep understanding of financial services and experience with capital markets and credit products/capital markets
- Entrepreneurial background
- Experience in payments, financial technology, or traditional finance
- Work permit for Lagos, Nigeria
Umba is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
At Umba, we build a digital bank for emerging markets, offering intelligent, affordable financial products. We are currently live with an Android app in Kenya & Nigeria with our digital banking services.
One-third of the world's 2 billion unbanked people live in Sub-Saharan Africa, and we are here to bring these customers free banking services and bring them into the formal financial system. It's an exciting mission and one that we are excited to deliver on.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone has access to liquid capital, free money transfers, and saving & investment opportunities. If you're curious about Fintech or emerging markets and have a passionate, hardworking spirit, come work with us and help put opportunity in everyone's pocket.