You’ll form part of the Market Surveillance team based in Cape Town, helping to build Luno’s Market Surveillance capability. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with other Financial Crime and Liquidity team members across multiple regions to help support cross-department operational initiatives.
- Supporting Luno’s market surveillance efforts across multiple regions;
- Facilitating compliance with regulations to ensure the market is operated in an orderly, fair and transparent manner;
- Reviewing alerts to ensure compliance with rules governing trading, clearing and settlements of transactions on the exchange;
- Filing regulatory reports to ensure compliance and deepening trust with regulators;
- Collaborate with the wider Financial Crime and Liquidity team to support ad-hoc requests and queries;
- Helping to scale the capability and capacity of the team through the use of technology.
In the first 3 months you will:
- Have a thorough functional understanding of Luno’s Financial Crime tools and integrations.
- Support the execution of the Market Surveillance efforts and operationalise initiatives.
- Identify and understand the challenges and propose solutions to circumvent them.
- Gain exposure to the cryptocurrency industry, transaction monitoring and financial crime.
- A BSc, BEng, BComm or other relevant qualification from an accredited college/university in Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Math or a related quantitative field of study.
- At least 3 years experience in a financial markets related role within a trading or compliance environment;
- Strong analytical, detail oriented mindset
- A fundamental understanding of customer and transaction risk scoring models;
- Ability to conduct a quantitative analysis from varied information sources to investigate complex financial transactions;
- A can do, get things done attitude;
- Proficiency in English with sound interpersonal skills;
- An ethical, transparent approach to weighing in on customer activity.
- Have any additional certifications, such as: SAIFM securities trader, RPE specialisation in the SA Financial Market
- Have a track record of working in Fintech or Regtech environments;
- Are passionate about cryptocurrencies.
Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company with over 9 million customers in 43 countries and a team of over 600. Luno operates across Africa, South East Asia, US and Europe.
Luno's products and services make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies.