As a New Business Development Manager for Fintech & Digital Players, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for identifying, structuring, managing and optimizing new and existing strategic partnerships and alliances with the most relevant players in the ecosystem to derive the right value for Visa.
- Managing and expanding the business relationships with existing portfolios and new prospects.
- Ensuring alignment of objectives, priorities and resource allocation between Visa and clients.
- Winning new business development opportunities (originating, structuring, executing) with high-growth global, regional, or local players across multiple sectors including startups, Fintech and payments companies that enable digital commerce, payments, e-wallets, crowdfunding, IoT among others
- Positioning Visa as the preferred partner among prospects and clients, thorough deep understanding of their strategies, priorities, needs and business processes with a view to position ways the Visa solutions can facilitate their desired growth
- Engaging actively and be positioned as a thought leader in the Fintech & Digital Players ecosystem
- Delivering on the financial objectives including revenue, payment volume and market penetration objectives
- The ability to decide over strategic and tactical matters for which she / he is responsible for
- Conducting all engagements with ethics across stakeholders
- Ability to generate innovative creative solutions to unique problems and opportunities encountered in complex, and dynamic environments
- Client oriented, results driven and hands on
- Deep consulting skills and client engagement capabilities. Regulatory knowledge and deep understanding about the new key Fintech and other payment-related laws
- Strong communication and persuasion skills at multi levels, including Executive / C-level, leaders, founders and design thinkers
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills. Drive, enthusiasm and creativity are key attributes
- Highly organized with exposure to project/program management
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Fintech, startups and neo-card-payments industry, its products, services and technologies, digital transformation
- Bankcard industry experience, strong knowledge base of the card business including account solicitation, account maintenance, operations, systems and risk management is desirable
- Fluent in English including neo-payments terminology
- Availability to travel
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Business experience including sales and/or relationship management
- Willingness to learn and execute effectives sales strategies for new payment products and services
- Card Issuing/Acquiring experience beneficial. Exposure to servicing Financial Institution clients in these areas is required
The function that this individual performs is key to delivering on Visa’s strategic pillars. It forms a part of Visa’s Client engagement plans, merchant relations, Fintech partnerships and industry stakeholder management team. Failure to deliver on those commitments can have a visible and pronounced impact on Visa’s revenues, reputation and brand image, and in some cases, can expose the company to financial liability. Hard work, high integrity and honesty are non-negotiables.
Job Number: REF35379V
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa West Africa is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria. The SSA sub-region covers five markets in West Africa.