The Old Mutual Multi-Managers (OMMM) team has an exciting opportunity for an for experienced individual interested in driving the commercial and strategic elements of OMMM Retail and Instutional products.
The investment industry has always been dynamic and exciting but no more so than now: South Africa is going through significant change in its regulatory environment and customer mindset. Old Mutual’ s rapid expansion into Africa and an organizational transformation to a customer centric approach makes this a highly dynamic environment with many opportunities to make an impact.
The successful candidate will develop an in depth understanding of client preferences and behaviour and use this to build and maintain an outstanding user experience for our current and future products. A key focus will be to lead a team of professionals that drive major projects across the South African and Offshore markets, and craft the strategic direction of OMMM’ s Retail and Institutional products.
As owner of the client experience, you will jointly develop, price and drive the value proposition and client experience. The role will play a key part in defining competitive solutions for different client savings horizons and needs.
- Playing a leading role in the development and positioning of solutions for retail and institutional customers. This includes development of new propositions as well as enhancements to existing ones.
- Understanding changing customer needs and market dynamics, and innovatively positioning our current and future solutions to capitalize on these changes.
- Working with our business unit partners to ensure that customers are offered solutions that best meet their individual needs, including ensuring that customers understand the benefits and risks of Old Mutual’s offerings.
- Understanding trade-offs between client and shareholder value metrics.
- Provide input into strategic drives for building end to end propositions – this includes a thorough understanding of the regulatory environment, actively keeping abreast of changes and how it impacts the business.
- Management functions can include strategy, pricing, product development, product support, competitor and market research and driving innovation
- Qualified Actuary or CA (SA) or B.Com/Bus Science degree with suitable post degree qualifications. CFA would be an advantage.
- At least 7 years’ product development experience, ideally having worked in an investment product or investment related roles. The ideal candidate would come from an asset management and/financial services environment
- Management experience and knowledge of CISCA and other savings and pension fund regulations essential.
- Knowledge and experience of the retail investment market and institutional savings market essential.
- Sound technical actuarial skills for product design and pricing.
- A passion for savings and investments and/or financial advice.
- Business acumen and negotiation skills.
- Ability to successfully juggle several projects and priorities at once and deliver on time including IT projects.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- A self-starter able to think on his/her feet.
- Ability to influence colleagues across the value chain to achieve delivery.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience and knowledge of Agile ways of work will be an advantage.
Business, Financial Products, Investments, Market Research, Product Development, Strategic
Bachelors Degree (B) (Required)
Old Mutual Limited (OML) is a licensed Controlling Company of the Designated Old Mutual Limited Insurance Group. Registration number 2017/235138/06. Entities in the Group are Licensed Financial Services Providers and Insurers that offer a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key markets in 14 countries.