A critical part of meeting Ozow's strategy is having a financial expert and leader who will execute on our growth plans and expand the business in a lean environment. As the Chief Financial Officer, you will lead the finance and accounting functions, be hands-on and in the details, and provide strategic and financial insights to promote the use of metrics to drive the business.
- Serve as a member of the executive team and will be an architect of the company's strategy. You will be key in developing and driving operational and financial changes which to contribute to a scalable business.
- Ensure and report on ROI in terms of engagement and deployment of resources across all departments in line with the strategy set.
- Safeguard the future value of the business by critically examining the risks and expected returns on different strategy alternatives. This can be a balance of challenging approaches while continuing to be viewed and valued as a growth and prudent risk-oriented team member.
- Hire and manage A-players and teams.
- Support the COO and CEO and other stakeholders to raise capital to scale the business where applicable.
- Work in close partnership with the CEO and other stakeholders to assist with merger and acquisition efforts of the business.
- Drive the Ozow culture and values across the business.
An ideal candidate if:
- You have 12+ years of post articles CA(SA) experience with a minimum of 5 years in financial services.
- You have a minimum of 3 years in an executive leadership position.
- You have successfully raised capital through multiple series funding rounds.
- You have proven experience leading, driving, and executing on merger and acquisition aims.
- You have expertise defining the processes and implementing the infrastructure/systems needed to support substantial growth, including the implementations of new ERP and WMS systems.
- You have experience working in rapidly changing environments that required changes in resource allocation.
Skills and experience:
- Honest and have integrity. You do not cut corners ethically. You earn trust and maintain the confidence of clients and team members.
- Strategic in your thinking/visionary. You can see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. You determine opportunities and threats through a comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
Innovative. You generate new and innovative approaches to problems.
Entrepreneurial. You have experience creating new value within the business.
- Data-driven. You have experience utilising data from across the business to drive insights and better decision making.
- Digitally competent. You are aware of the most relevant or common technologies and can decide upon the most appropriate technology according to the purpose or need at hand.
- A good listener. You let others speak and seek to understand their viewpoints.
- Assertive. You move quickly and take a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Open to criticism and ideas. You often solicit feedback and react calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
Ozow is the future of payment as we know it. An oh-so (or Ozow) easy, automated and ultra-secure EFT solution that helps customers pay in just a few seconds, merchants can initiate Ozow payments through a variety of payment platforms, such as SMS, eCommerce, eBilling, QR Code and instore Point-of-Sale (POS).
Through Ozow’s precise and secure system (that reduces the risk of charge-backs), merchants get real-time payments with instant transaction notifications and automated bank reconciliations. As no card is required for payment, their products are also more widely available, resulting in less abandoned carts, increased sales and more happy customers. Furthermore, merchants enjoy transaction fees as low as 1,5%, with no monthly costs, setup fees, or minimum charges, enabling them to save their money. As an added bonus, merchants processing up to R1m per month can use Ozow for free in their first year, no strings attached.
Ozow is committed to financial inclusion on a continent where many people are disenfranchised by a lack of payments options. Furthermore, Ozow is committed to making it affordable for smaller businesses to take their trade to a wider audience, and to ensure that if traditional payment methods are unavailable, merchants don’t suffer.